C4I Systems Design/Production
MCS’ C4I Systems Design and Production Facility is housed in our company headquarters in Tampa’s Drew Park.
The production line was most recently focused on a critical project for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) – building Radio Station Cabinets for the FAA’s Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) system.
ADS-B is a crucial component of the nation's Next-Generation Air Transportation System. With ADS-B, both pilots and controllers will see radar-like displays with highly accurate traffic data from satellites – displays that update in real time and don't degrade with distance or terrain. The system will also give pilots access to weather services, terrain maps and flight information services. The improved situational awareness will mean that pilots will be able to fly at safe distances from one another with less assistance from air traffic controllers.
As a subcontractor to ITT Corporation, MCS integrated and delivered 154 Radio Station Cabinets for use across the nation in interior and exterior environments.
- Provides air-to-air surveillance capability.
- Provides surveillance to remote or inhospitable areas that do not currently have coverage with radar.
- Provides real-time traffic and aeronautical information in the cockpit.
- Allows for reduced separation and greater predictability in departure and arrival times.
- Supports common separation standards, both horizontal and vertical, for all classes of airspace.
- Improves ability of airlines to manage traffic and aircraft fleets.
- Improves ability of air traffic controllers to plan arrivals and departures far in advance.
- Reduces the cost of the infrastructure needed to operate the National Airspace System.
MCS Prime Contract vehicles:
- GSA 8(a) Streamlined Technology Acquisition Resources for Services (STARS) Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) – MCS is a prime contract holder for the GSA 8(a) STARS on 7 of the 8 Functional Areas. Any public sector entity that can use GSA contract vehicles can use the GSA 8(a) STARS contract vehicle. For more information on the GSA 8(a) STARS contract vehicle, its functional areas, and the process for using GSA 8(a) STARS please refer to www.gsa.gov/8astarsor contact MCS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GSA Schedule 70
- HUBZone Sole Source
- Miami-Dade County IT Consulting Services Contract. Awarded to MCS in 2010, this contact vehicle is available to any public sector entity that registers with the Miami-Dade County procurement office to use the vehicle. The contract provides IT services in a wide range of labor categories covering a broad range of IT services support. For more information on using this contract vehicle contact the Miami-Dade County Department of Procurement or contact MCS at email@example.com.
Other Contract Vehicles
MCS also has access to a number of other large contract vehicles through prime contractor partners. Among those contract vehicles are:
- GSA Alliant
- GSA Veterans Technology Services Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (VETS)
- Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) ENCORE II
- Defense Intelligence Agency Solutions for the IT Enterprise (SITE)
- Army PEO-EIS Information Technology Enterprise Services (ITES-2S)
- Army Communications Electronics Command (CECOM) Rapid Response 3rdGeneration (R23G)
- Air Force NETCENTS
- National Institute of Health CIO-SP2i
- State of Maryland Consulting and Technical Support (CATS)
- Florida State IT Consulting Services Contract (categories 1-4)
For additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org